Vacation Rentals in Amsterdam
Popular Vacation Rentals and Apartments in Amsterdam
Vacation rentals with free cancellation
Holiday Rentals & Lettings with Pool
Pet-friendly Holiday Rentals & Lettings
Holiday Rentals & Lettings with Internet
Best Vacation Rentals and Apartments in AmsterdamGuests agree: these stays are highly rated for location, cleanliness, and more.
Prices and availability
Things to know about Amsterdam
Vacation Apartments and Houseboats available in Amsterdam – Visit this Unique City!
A city which stands out: Amsterdam. The capital city of the Netherlands offers an incomparable and picturesque city-scape with its magnificent canals, narrow brick houses and a seemingly unending tally of bridges. Millions of visitors stream into this cosmopolitan city every year to experience its unique liberal atmosphere and the endless possibilities for things to do, with many vacation apartments, houseboats and vacation rentals throughout the city. Amsterdam is found in the province of North Holland and lies by the Markermeer, a bay of the North Sea.
In most cases, visitors who come to rent great vacation apartments and houseboats in Amsterdam enter through Amsterdam Schiphol airport, located a mere 20 minutes away from Amsterdam Centraal by train. To discover Amsterdam to the full, there are many ways to get about: The countless canals are easily explored by various boat tours and Amsterdam is renowned throughout the world for its great biking facilities. The city is accessed quickly and easily on foot or by bike, perfect for discovering cozy side streets, town parks and picturesque bridges!
Extraordinary City With a Great Mix of New and Old
Amsterdam is perfectly suited for a city tour and offers a large portfolio of museums and art exhibitions for art and culture enthusiasts – the city notably boasts the highest density of museums in Europe. Amsterdam especially appeals to young adults due to Amsterdam's infamous Coffee Shops and great nightlife available, with bars and clubs especially common place throughout the city. Foodies will be pleased to hear that Amsterdam certainly doesn't disappoint regarding great cuisine: Amsterdam is kitted out with restaurants from its former colonies when the Netherlands used to be a global superpower. The city is dotted with Indonesian, Indian and South East Asian restaurants,
areas of the world of which parts were under Dutch control. Amsterdam is fantastic to visit all year round, but to really get a feel for the city, Amsterdam truly blossoms in summer months – many cultural festivals, outdoor concerts and a much higher chance of pleasant weather: A truly fantastic season to rent a great vacation apartment, houseboat or vacation rentals. It should also be pointed out that the famous tulip blossoming season takes place from around mid-March to May throughout the Netherlands: Visit the famous Keukenhof Gardens a short half an hour or so journey away from Amsterdam to marvel at majestic blossoming tulip fields!
Travel Tips for Your Stay in a Great Vacation Apartment in Amsterdam
1. No trip to Amsterdam can be truly experienced without heading to the old town, including the infamous Red Light and Jordaan districts which dominate postcards of Amsterdam. Discover narrow yet tall 17th century housing, cozy coffeeshops, bars and cafes dotted throughout and picture-postcard bridges over the many canals. The famous Red Light District with its notoriously liberal attitudes is a magnet for visitors from far and wide and exhibits a plentiful amount of things to see and do: The Jordaan district towards the west however is a hit with the locals and features traditional aspects of Dutch culture whilst maintaining Amsterdam's fantastic modern cosmopolitan vibe. With vacation apartments, houseboats and vacation rentals located throughout, discover these areas with Holidu!
2. An iconic yet important sight to visit is the Anne Frank House. The queue to visit this landmark, which regularly surrounds the block explains all: This is no ordinary sightseeing spot. The story of the young Jewish girl who recorded her experiences in a diary and hid in an attic with her family during the Second World War is still incredibly moving to this day. The house is a must see attraction and is decorated with original texts as well as photos of the Frank family.
3. Amsterdam is famous for its many museums featured throughout the city. Especially famous museums include the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum, lying relatively close to eachother. Art enthusiasts will also be excited by the prospect of visiting the Rembrandthuis: The city is dedicated to fantastic art and cultural legacy still important in today's modern age. To visit as many museums as possible, you may want to consider purchasing the Amsterdam Museum Ticket which caters for a reduced entry into many museums – regarding great savings, you can find many vacation apartments on offer with Holidu!
4. Amsterdam offers a large portfolio for trips around and to destinations near the city: Those who long to discover Amsterdam's surroundings can do see with ease – Amsterdam offers a frequent, fast and efficient train and bus service. Trips to Zaandam, Edam, Utrecht, Haarlem and even Rotterdam are always options as well as exploring the Netherlands' beautiful countryside with traditional windmills and canals. Vacation apartments, houseboats and vacation rentals are found throughout the area as well as by the Dutch Coast thanks to Holidu's user friendly search function!
5. A hotspot and an absolute must see sight in Amsterdam is the famous Heineken Experience. Located to the south of Amsterdam's canal district, this Heineken factory offers a magnificent insight into the production, marketing and history of one of Amsterdam's most famous exports: Heineken! Discover history of this famous beer along with its origins, view ingredients and of course, a complimentary sample is always available at the end of the tour. The price of an entry ticket usually includes a free boat tour along Amsterdam's canals, an absolute must for any trip to Amsterdam!
Find Fantastic Vacation Apartments, Houseboats and Vacation Rentals in Amsterdam to Suit you with Holidu!
Holidu offers you the best search engine for fantastic accommodation in Amsterdam: Select your preferred check in and check out dates, the amout of people as well as the wished distance to the city centre. You also have the option to choose additional and certain facilities:
Would you like your vacation apartment to have an internet connection, child friendly facilities, or a dishwasher to name a few examples? Pet friendly facilities and a balcony? Select these preferences with Holidu to find your perfect accommodation in the unique city of Amsterdam!
FAQs: Vacation Rentals and Apartments in Amsterdam
How much do you pay on average for vacation rentals in Amsterdam?
We can see from our data that Amsterdam has an average price of CA$415.99 per night, a relatively high one under the cities in The Netherlands.
What time of year offers, on average, the best vacation rental prices in Amsterdam?
If you would like to save the maximum during your vacation to Amsterdam, travel in January (CA$357.96 per night on average), November (CA$359.86), or October (CA$364.15), to find the lowest prices for the whole year.
When are vacation rentals more expensive in Amsterdam?
When booking a vacation rental in Amsterdam, the highest prices can usually be seen in the month of April (with an average of CA$537.62 per night), followed by May (CA$499.83), and July (CA$432.71).
Is Amsterdam a good location for a last-minute getaway?
It is better to plan ahead in Amsterdam as only 35% of the accommodations remain available throughout the year, according to our 2020 data.
What are the best months for a spontaneous getaway?
April, November and December are, in order of highest to lowest, the months offering the largest number of accommodations available, with respective average availability figures of 42.5%, 41%, and 40.67%.
When are there fewer vacation rental options available in Amsterdam?
The month with the highest average booked rental figures is February (only 21.6% of properties were available on average in 2020). Followed by August (29%), and March (29.5%).
Are there many vacation rentals in Amsterdam?
We have collected the offers from 12 different partners in Amsterdam, so we can provide you with around 1200 properties. You're going to have a hard time choosing!